Although it should be possible to build with Visual C++ 2005 and SDK Platform for Windows XP or later, the following instructions refer to compiling the NoMachine OpenSSH portable version with MingW under a Cygwin environment.
Build and Installation Instructions
- Download the newest OpenSSL library.
- Compile and install OpenSSL by running the following commands in the OpenSSL root directory:
$ ./Configure mingw
$ make install
- Download the newest zlib library.
- Compile zlib by running the following commands in the zlib root directory:
$ make -f win32/Makefile.gcc
- Download OpenSSH portable for native Win32 from the NoMachine web site.
- Compile OpenSSH portable for native Win32 by running the following commands in the ssh root directory:
$ export CPPFLAGS="-mno-cygwin -I$PWD/openbsd-compat -I \
$ export LDFLAGS="-mno-cygwin"
$ ./configure --build=i686-pc-mingw32 --host=i686-pc-mingw32 \
$ cat config.h.tail >> config.h
$ make ssh.exe sshd.exe
- Then copy the ssh.exe and sshd.exe executable files to the installation directory.
Note that the ssh client should be ready to work, while further
operations are needed to get the ssh server up and running: