How to switch off NoMachine connections to the desktop: if you don't want to use the computer where you have installed NoMachine as a server, you can disable access to the desktop by turning off connections. Follow steps here:
- Click on the Monitor (the !M icon) in the system tray to open the menu.
- Click on 'Show the service status'.
- Click on the 'Shutdown the server' button.
- You can select to shutdown the server permanently or re-enable it at reboot.
To turn on the server:
- Open the NoMachine User Interface from your Programs or Applications.
- Click on the 'Settings' icon button to open the Preferences GUI.
- Click on the 'Server status' at the bottom of the panel.
- Click on 'Start the server'.