Packages in the Customer Area are tied to your license version, please read here for more details:
The package(s) labeled 'Production Version' available in your Customer Area are suitable for new installations and updates of existing installations.
How to upgrade installations v. 6
You can upgrade your current installation v. 6 to the latest v. 7 or 6 by means of the package 'Production version' you can find in your Customer Area.
To upgrade to v. 7, possibly ensure that your current version is the latest v. 6.
Licenses v. 6 are compatible with NoMachine installations v. 7.
1) When updating the Cloud Server it is also required to update all the sub-servers to the same major version for compatibility reasons:
- Shutdown the Cloud Server
- Shutdown the secondary Cloud Server (if present)
- Update all sub-servers
- Update the Cloud Server
- Update the secondary Cloud Server (if present)
2) Starting from version 7, it is now necessary for subscriptions to be renewed in order to continue to use the software. This applies to v7 licenses and also v5 or v6 licenses activated in version 7 software. When the subscription period has expired, the software will stop working and connections will no longer be possible.
How to upgrade installations v. 5
In order to switch to v. 7, it's advisable to proceed with a fresh new installation. Licenses v. 5 can be compatible with v. 7 but not in all cases since some products have been changed in v. 6 (see below for more details). Please contact Sales for possible options and license v. 7.
As an alternative, upgrade your installation v. 5 to the latest v. 6 and then to v. 7.
You can upgrade your current installation v. 5 to the latest v. 5 or 6 by means of the package 'Production version' you can find in your Customer Area.
Licenses v. 5 are suitable for NoMachine servers v. 6 except some cases explained here:
which require to contact the Sales Team to receive the appropriate license v. 6.
Before upgrading from v. 5 to v. 6, please read also instructions here:
How to upgrade installations v. 4
Version 4 is no longer supported. It's advisable to proceed with a fresh new installation of the latest available version.