Blank, black screen in Workstation on CentOS 7

Forum / NoMachine Terminal Server Products / Blank, black screen in Workstation on CentOS 7

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    scottbird7
    Participant

I’ve already looked at the other posts before submitting this one.

I’ve spent a couple of days trying to get Workstation running on CentOS 7 x64 in headless mode hosted by VMware ESXi 6.0 Update 2.

I do not have any problem with the standard NX for Linux on CentOS 7 with a physical desktop.

I installed Workstation on a server with the same packages, running in text mode. When I create a new virtual desktop, all I get is a blank screen with a mouse cursor.

I don’t want to use up my evaluation time just trying to get it working, so if you’ve got any suggestions, I’d love to get it working.

Client – Windows 10 x64, NoMachine Free 5.1.22

Server – CentOS 7 x64, NoMachine Workstation 5.1.22 x86_64, Gnome Desktop (installed and configured, but not running)

If you’d like log files, please let me know which ones, and if you’d like me to increase the log level from 6 to 7.

Thank you,

Scott

scottbird7
    Participant

No response yet?

scottbird7
    Participant

Just to test things out, I set the VM (with Workstation installed on it) to start in graphical mode, and the physical desktop doesn’t work right anymore. I get a blank, black screen there as well, but instead of a cursor pointer, I get a small circle.

Thanks,

Scott

Britgirl
    Keymaster

We’ve not been able to reproduce this problem. We’ll keep trying to see if we can trigger it. In the meantime, can you send us the logs once you’ve reproduced the problem? Check the following article and send to forum[at]nomachine[dot]com, https://www.nomachine.com/DT04M00076.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Closed because the user did not provide further feedback. Please notify us if you confirm that it is resolved or open a new topic if you have the same problem.