Blank windows on Win10 on laptop with lid closed

Forum / NoMachine for Windows / Blank windows on Win10 on laptop with lid closed

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    adamtg48
    Participant

hello.

I am running Windows 10 on  a laptop. When the lid is open, i can connect, and everything is works fine.  So then I set all the power options to do nothing when the lid is closed.  When the lid is closed, i can still connect, but most of the windows are blank (e.g. browsers, file explorer).  As soon as i open the lid, all the windows’ content appear.  If i plug in an external monitor and keep the lid closed, it behaves properly.  But keeping an external monitor plugged in is not an option for me.  I even tried removing the video drivers and just use vanilla drivers (in case the GPU behaved differently with lid closed, controlled by the video driver).  But nothing made a difference.

Is this a windows problem, a video driver problem, or a setting in the nx server i can tweak to make this work?

Information:

Free Version on the Windows 10 remote machine

Free Version on the Ubuntu 16.04 local machine, running KDE.

thank you,

-=- adamtg

fra81

Hi adamtg,

I’m afraid there is no tweak in NoMachine that can help with this problems, that depends exclusively on how firefox and some other applications draw. We verified that the issue is reproducible also without NoMachine. We could even see the white windows for a moment on the real monitor when opening the lid. You could try instead to find some tweak in firefox settings, for example the ones related to the hardware acceleration.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic was marked as solved, you can't post.