Cannot use NoMachine to connect from Windows to Linux

Forum / General Discussions / Cannot use NoMachine to connect from Windows to Linux

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    gnonymuss
    Participant

I am trying to use NoMachine to provide remote support to a family member.  I have tried to use other software, but nothing has worked well.  I have read several positive reviews about NoMachine and am trying to get it to work.
    I am using the following:
    NoMachine 4.6.3
    Windows 7 64bit
    Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 32bit

NoMachine (Free) has been installed on both machines.

I followed the steps in this link.  https://www.nomachine.com/getting-started-with-nomachine

When trying to connect from the Windows machine to the Linux machine on my local network, NoMachine works well.
    However, when trying to connect from the Windows machine to the Linux machine over the Internet, I unable to connect.
    The error received is “Error is 138: Connection timed out”
    I have saved the logs from the Windows machine and sent them with this post.

I have set up port forwarding for the linux machine.  A picture of the setup in included in the zip file.

I have spent a lot of time searching the forums and the Internet in general.

Please help me.

Thanks,Corey

Tom
    Participant

Hello.

In log I see that you tried connect to IP 10.0.3.1, this is local address.

Is IP address are you try connect over the Internet ?

If so, please check your Internet IP address on this side http://whatismyipaddress.com ( Do not give this address in the forum ).

Try to connect to address from the web side to port 4000.

If no, please give us the model of your router.

Regards

Tom

gnonymuss
    Participant

Hi Tom,

I did try to connect using the external IP address that the website discovered.  I was able to connect over the internet from multiple locations.

Thanks for all of your help.

Corey

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic was marked as solved, you can't post.