Clean install – service doesn’t start Win 10

Forum / NoMachine for Windows / Clean install – service doesn’t start Win 10

Tagged: 

• This topic has 5 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Cato.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    christphe
    Participant

Hi,

I just installed the software (free version) and the service doesn’t seem to start,

I don’t have any tray icon and weirdly enough, I can’t open the start menu while the service is starting. I can access it when I force stop the service.

Log files are attached to this post.

Attachments:
    Cato
    Participant

Hello christphe,

Logs suggest that ‘nxlsa’ module wasn’t loaded by operating system. This can only be done during boot time, so please check if rebooting your Windows helps.

If the problem still persists:

1. Gather NoMachine logs using this guide: https://www.nomachine.com/DT07M00098.

2. Check the value of ‘HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa’ registry key.

3. Check if ‘nxlsa’ module is loaded correctly using Process Explorer:

– Download and install package from https://technet.microsoft.com/pl-pl/sysinternals/processexplorer.

– Start Process Explorer as Administrator.

– Click on ‘Find’ and ‘Find handle or DLL’. Type ‘nxlsa’ in search box.

If the module is correctly loaded, search result will show that module belongs to ‘lsass.exe’ process.

Send logs, value of registry key and result of ‘nxlsa’ query to forum[at]nomachine[dot]com.

christphe
    Participant

Hi,

Thank you for your answer, requested informations have been provided by email.

Britgirl
    Keymaster

We’re going to send you a debug package because we need further information.

This package will produce additional nxlsa logs in ‘C:\tmp’ (you need to create this directory). Send us the NoMachine logs including content of ‘C:\tmp’ after reproducing the problem like you did before.

Britgirl
    Keymaster

Debug logs received. We’ll take a look and update the post as soon as we have some results.

Cato
    Participant

Hello christphe,

It seems that newly created nxserver process can’t load all necessary dependencies. This can be verified using Process Monitor.

Follow these instructions:

1. Download and install Process Monitor from this site:
    https://technet.microsoft.com/pl-pl/sysinternals/processmonitor

2. Shut down or kill all NoMachine processes.

3. Run Process Monitor as Administrator.

4. In Process Monitor Filter window:

– Expand ‘Column’ drop down list (default value is ‘Architecture’), change the value to ‘Command Line’.

– Expand ‘Relation’ drop down list (default value ‘is’), change the value to ‘contains’.

– Type ‘daemon’ in the ‘Value’ field.

– Set ‘Action’ field to ‘Include’.
    This should create rule: ‘Command Line contains daemon than Include’.

– Click on ‘Add’, ‘Apply’ and ‘Ok’.

5. In top bar of Process Monitor check ‘Show Registry Activity’, ‘Show File System Activity’, ‘Show Network Activity’,
    ‘Show Process and Thread Activity’ and ‘Show Profiling Events’ icons.

6. Run ‘nxserver –startup’ from command line.

7. After 30 seconds click on ‘Save’ icon in Process Monitor top bar.
    Save file using ‘Native Process Monitor Format’. Send us produced event file.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Closed because the user did not provide further feedback. Please notify us if you confirm that it is resolved or open a new topic if you have the same problem.