Clicking on spinning animation closes nxplayer window

Forum / NoMachine Cloud Server Products / Clicking on spinning animation closes nxplayer window

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    snejok
    Participant

Hello, dear NoMachine!

When I click on spinning animation nxplayer window close unexpectedly.

Is it bug-or-feature? 🙂

Attachments:
    Tor
    Participant

Hey snejok!
    If this is a feature someone forgot to inform me! 😀
    Can you please send the information you can see in the ‘What to include’ box under the posts, and anything that may be useful to reproduce the issue?
    Thanks!

snejok
    Participant

Sorry, of course:

1. nomachine-enterprise-client_4.3.24_1.exe/i586.rpm and nomachine-enterprise-server-evaluation_4.3.24_2_x86_64.rpm

2. Virtual Display connection

3. WinXP/Ubuntu Linux

Excuse me again, because I forgot to say that I use undocumented option –exit on my Linux, so nxplayer window closes when click to animation.

In other way, without –exit option nxplayer returns to connections list or to connections options window.

Tor
    Participant

No problem. 🙂 The closure is normal since it is how the ‘–exit’ option works. We’ll add a description in the help to explain what the user can expect when using it.

snejok
    Participant

In other way, without –exit option nxplayer returns to connections list or to connections options window.

Tor, you mean this is ok? 🙂

Tor
    Participant

Yes, it is correct, the ‘–exit’ closes the player as soon as the connection stops or the session gets disconnected. In the other cases, the player goes back to the list of connections or to the Edit dialog (the latter in case of ‘–session’ option).

snejok
    Participant

Dear NoMachine,

could you please replace the behavior of “hidden animated button” by simple “Cancel/Stop connection” button, because users don’t understand how to cancel connection on this step, if some problems occurs. I mean could you move “Cancel function” from animation to usual button, because it is not obvious behavior.

snejok
    Participant
    Dear NoMachine,
    I want to say, that my users don’t understand how to cancel connection when problems occurs on connection step (or close connection window), because they work on thin clients with no window decoration, so they have only one way: hard reset the thin client by hardware button, because there is no visible buttons.
    It will be good if you add button Cancel on this screen (see attachment again)
    Tor
    Participant

Hi snejok.
    We’ll find a way to make it more clear, even if I doubt we’ll replace the spinning wheel with a button.
    Can you give me details about the connection problem? For example, if the connection is taking too much time we may show an hint explaining how to stop it.

snejok
    Participant

Sorry if I explained it not so well: I don’t want remove cool spinning wheel, but when this wheel works as “cancel button” – it’s not expected behavior I think.
    My users:
    – very inexperienced;
    – some of them very old;
    – many of them don’t understand English (https://www.nomachine.com/forums/forums/topic/gui-localization 😉 )
    English hint will not so helpful as simple “Exit or Stop or Cancel” button – it was very clear in NX Client 3.5 with two buttons “Login and Cancel”, and without GUI localization. 😉

I can’t give you logs about “session stucks on connection and user see forever spinning wheel” problem, because it reproduce very rarely, but it’s very annoying.

Britgirl
    Participant

When you manage to reproduce the problem, grab the logs and submit them via the usual channels. We will take a look.

As Tor already mentioned, we will evaluate how to make it clearer for users that they can cancel the connection should the need arise. Remember to open a  new topic for the “session sticks on connection” issue.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic was marked as closed, you can't post.