Command-line connection to Enterprise Desktop shared Physical Desktop?

Forum / NoMachine Cloud Server Products / Command-line connection to Enterprise Desktop shared Physical Desktop?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Kiko
    Participant

I’d like to use the command-line to connect clients to the same Physical Display of an Enterprise Desktop server, but I haven’t figured out how. The player takes a session argument, but if I provide a session it shows me a picker with the actual physical desktop I’m intending on connecting to. I haven’t figured out how to attach to the desktop without having to click on it.

Kiko
    Participant

I’m adding some screenshots to clarify what I mean:

1. The first shows me launching nxplayer through the command-line. I’m using the format ‘nxplayer –session foo.nxs’.

2. The next shows the player interface that comes up allowing me to select a session

3. The third shows what happens when I click on the session

Only then does the actual session launch. I’d like to know how to launch the session directly. Is there something I can add to the session file to make this happen?

I’ve attached the nxs file for reference.

Kiko
    Participant

Obviously, the attachments numbers above were rendered differently from how I thought they would be:

Attachment 3 is what I ran.

Attachment 1 is what came up.

Attachment 2 is what happens when I click on the session.

Attachments:
    Kiko
    Participant

Oh, I just found this: https://www.nomachine.com/FR02L02809

So I assume this is currently simply not possible. I think that’s a showstopper for me! Ironically the free version (which allows only one client connection) doesn’t have the same problem.

Britgirl
    Participant

The feature request is unrelated. Rather there is a bug with autoconnecting preventing you from being taken to the desktop. Instead you are being presented with the session list. This is not the correct behaviour and will be fixed in the next release (NoMachine 5). You can sign up to receive notification when it’s been fixed.

https://www.nomachine.com/TR06M05671

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic was marked as solved, you can't post.