Copy/paste is unreliable with v5.1.44 of server & client

Forum / NoMachine for Mac / Copy/paste is unreliable with v5.1.44 of server & client

Tagged: 

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    nitinkamble
    Participant

This version of NoMachine server is on the SuSE 12.sp1 Linux box: workstation-5.1.44-3.x86_64

And

Client is Macbook with El Capitan 10.11.6 (15G1004) with this NoMachine client: enterprise-client_5.1.44_1

And the copy paste is unreliable. It dumps previously copied copy-buffer in paste.

Is there any solution to this issue?

I have tried the latest version of server & client, and still see the same issue.

Thanks,

Nitin

graywolf
    Participant

Hello nitinkamble,

thanks for reporting.

Still trying to reproduce your issue. Can you provide more details, like:

• It occurs all times or sporadically
    • Which kind of NoMachine session is affected (virtual desktop, sharing the physical screen, custom floating window application)
    • The applications you are trying to copy from and paste to
    • Anything you think is relevant
    vpt
    Participant

I have the same version and I have been observing the same issue. Most of the time, I have about a 50% success rate on copy and paste. I guess it is virtual desktop. The applications are anything on a MacBook Pro (late 2013), El Capitan.

vpt
    Participant

As indicated, in my case, the client version is also MacBook with El Capitan OS with NoMachine version 5.1.44. Regarding the server in my case, the server is “NoMachine Terminal Server Subscription” version 5.1.24 on the Linux platform.

Britgirl
    Keymaster

Graywolf asked for the specific applications that you are using when you encounter the problem.

carbuff
    Participant

Another user with copy/paste problems. I was on 5.1.44 client, and now have the 5.1.54 version. Same issue with both. I am running the client on Windows 7. I’ve had this same situation on a MacBook Pro. I’ve been using NoMachine for 3 months, and I’ve been having issues since I started using it.

When I attempt to highlight in the Virtual Machine client session and then paste in a Windows App (email, Word, Excel, anything, all have the same issue), I get an old item which would have been on the Windows clipboard. Then, I can kill my client session, restart it, and highlight the exact same item. Now it will paste into the Windows program. Sometimes I can do this 2 or 3 times, but it will always stop working again shortly after restarting the client.

While most of my use in Windows at the moment, I can do the same thing on the MacBook as above. A session restart will generally allow me to copy/paste again.

It’s more rare for me to copy from Windows and paste to the session. But that is generally broken when I try also.

This is highly annoying, so hopefully someone can identify a fix. Googling shows that copy/paste has been an issue with NoMachine for years it seems… 🙁

graywolf
    Participant

Thank you, carbuff

I’d appreciate you want provide some further information that would help me identify the problem:

Is your server up to date to version 5.1.54 like the client?

Can you tell me the exact name of your NoMachine server product?

Is your server on a Linux host? Is the kind of session a “virtual desktop”? In other workds, is your issue similar to the one nitinkamble reported in the first post of this topic?

carbuff
    Participant

Graywolf,

Hopefully I can answer your questions correctly…

The server is running on a Linux host, creating multiple VM sessions for different users. And yes, I’m running a Virtual Desktop.

When I start a session, I see “Workstation Edition” at the bottom of the Session screen. Is that the ‘exact name’ of the product you were looking for? If not, please let me know where the best place to find it is.

Regarding the server, I am not the admin, but it looks like we may have version 5.0.64.3 installed. If you can tell me a command to get the version, I’m glad to run that and confirm.

Thanx!

graywolf
    Participant

carbuff, an option is that you open a terminal window and run the command /usr/NX/bin/nxserver --version

But you can get much more information using the client interface: press Ctrl+Alt+0 to get the menu and click on the item “Connection”.

carbuff
    Participant

Graywolf,

Server version is 5.0.53. Client version is 5.1.54 on Windows and 5.1.44 on MAC (same issue on both). I do seem to be running Workstation Edition. The Server OS is Linux. It says Session Type is Default Session whatever that means.

Hopefully that helps. If you need more, let me know…

Britgirl
    Keymaster

Carbuff, the current server software is 5.1.54, which also includes the recent OpenSSL Project’s vulnerability fix as well as a number of fixes to do with copy&paste, so what you should do is update your server software (ask your Admin). Then if you continue to have problems, we can investigate on the latest version.

carbuff
    Participant

Update… After a week with the updated server and client, I have not experienced any more problems with copy paste. Thank you for the help.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic was marked as solved, you can't post.