Ctrl Key in MacOS

Forum / NoMachine for Windows / Ctrl Key in MacOS

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    crazyhor77
    Participant

Im connecting to a Mac from my Windows machine and trying to do some work which involves using the Ctrl key a lot.  The windows Ctrl key doesn’t seem to be getting recognised at all on the Mac.

Is it being mapped to another key or is there an alternative I can use.  I can’t seem to find any help on the forums or google in relation to this.

graywolf
    Participant

The Windows ctrl key is mapped to the OS X ctrl key, so no special configuration is needed.

May I ask you the OS X version in use?

Are you getting problems with all applicatiions or with something in particular?

Did you check if you have any program using ctrl as “hot key” running in the background?

crazyhor77
    Participant

I am using Yosemite 10.10.1.

I don’t believe I have any applications installed that use the ctrl key as a hot key.  I initially found the problem in XCode when trying to ctrl-click gui elements in the storyboard, but I have done some further testing and found I can use the ctrl key in th xcode editor and other applications, but from that point on, my left click always acts as a right click and the only way I can stop that is from reconnecting.  For example, in chrome, if i click on the address bar and use ctrl-a to go to the start of the line, from that point on all left clicks will act as right clicks.

From what I have read, ctrl click is a system wide function in OSX for allowing right click functionality, but theres something obviously going wrong here.  I am trying functions which work fine on the native machine, but will not work through NoMachine.

Since my first post I have also tried using karabiner (formerly keyremap4macbook) to change ctrl click functionality to just a left click, but this also doesnt help the problem I am having when using NoMachine.

I suspect NoMachine is trying to do something in the background to cater for this ctrl-click functionality in OSX but is not quite getting it right.

graywolf
    Participant

Would you try a development version that could help with this issue? Please contact us by mail: forum (at) nomachine (dot) com.

spuddybuddy
    Participant

I am hitting the exact same problem in xcode through NoMachine on yosemite… Were you able to find a solution?

Britgirl
    Keymaster

Can either of you contact us as graywolf suggested?

npn
    Participant

Is there any solution to this problem?  I am having the same issue in Xcode.

Britgirl
    Keymaster

Can any of you contact us as graywolf suggested? forum@…

npn
    Participant

@Britgirl It’s not clear how to actually contact graywolf as you suggest.  However I noticed that an update to 4.5 was available and,  at least at initially this seems to have corrected the problem, at least for me.  I will respond back if I notice any issues in the next few days.

Britgirl
    Keymaster

@npn Graywolf was requesting that those users experiencing the issue from Windows to Mac contact him.

Would you try a development version that could help with this issue? Please contact us by mail: forum (at) nomachine (dot) com

Now that 4.5 is out I suggest you submit a brand new topic if you have further issues so that we don’t get crossed information.

P.s you submitted another reply to this topic, but it is from Linux to Mac hence a different issue. I have moved it here:

https://www.nomachine.com/forums/topic/split-ctrl-key-in-macos

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

Closed because the user did not provide further feedback. Please notify us if you confirm that it is resolved or open a new topic if you have the same problem.