Dual screen support not working

Forum / NoMachine for Mac / Dual screen support not working

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    gpunx
    Participant

[ I have already referred to this post with the same name: https://www.nomachine.com/forums/topic/dual-screen-support-not-working#post-4646 and have made sure that “Fullscreen on all screens” is selected ]

Currently, dual screen support in OSX Yosemite (10.10) is not working while “Displays have separate Spaces” in System Preferences > Mission Control is selected. When “Displays have separate Spaces” is unchecked, the display appears centered on both screens. In NoMachine on OSX Yosemite, are there plans to support Dual Displays when “Displays have separate spaces” is checked? Also, are there plans to support Dual Displays as Microsoft does in their RDP client?

Thanks!

Tor
    Participant

Hi gpunx.
    We are aware of the different behaviour on Yosemite, we’ve disabled the multi-monitor fullscreen to be compliant with the separate Spaces feature (no windows can be used across multiple displays). Even so we understand this fullscreen mode can still be useful even if the user wants to keep Displays separated, so we’re evaluating to add a new feature request to support OS X 10.10+ and span the session window across all the monitors regardless the Spaces preferences.

About the Microsoft RDP client and Dual Displays, what do you mean exactly? We’re currently working on this feature, may it be related to your request?

Giving the possibility to switch between monitors of the remote server
    https://www.nomachine.com/FR11K02797

gpunx
    Participant

Sorry I didn’t respond sooner. I didn’t see the notification that someone had responded. Yes, the reference to RDP is related to my request. In Microsoft’s RDP client in MacOS each Mac “space” has its own monitor/screen and not one contiguous display. I was wondering if /when NoMachine implements the use of multiple “spaces” if it will be done as Microsoft has done it, or as one contiguous display. I’d hope it is as Microsoft has done it with a monitor/screen per “space”.  Having this feature would be worth 10 Christmases. ;-P

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic was marked as closed, you can't post.