Error is 138

Forum / NoMachine for Windows / Error is 138

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    AquaDudeX
    Participant

Win 7 home premium to Win 7 Professional over internet with NM 5.0.63 free on both

Please reply ASAP

Britgirl
    Participant
    AquaDudeX
    Participant

My NM was working last week and I have not changed anything at all on my computer or router

Britgirl
    Participant

Can you send in what you tried to attach to the forum topic? Please submit everything to forum[at]nomachine[dot]com.

AquaDudeX
    Participant

I have attempted to email the files but I keep getting this message.

“We’re writing to let you know that the group you tried to contact may not exist, or you may not have permission to post messages to the group”

Britgirl
    Participant

Files received, thanks.

Britgirl
    Participant

You mentioned it was working last week. So something has changed in your set up. Are you sure that you have the local IP reserved for your machine? Maybe you have dynamic IP and it has changed? If you open NoMachine on the server side (the machine you want to connect to) does it still have the same IP that you were using before in the Welcome window?

AquaDudeX
    Participant

I have no idea about reserving the local IP but the IP on the welcome screen is still the same

Britgirl
    Participant

In the client-side logs that you sent in earlier we can see that you are using a local IP address to connect. The error message given is an indication that the IP address is wrong. We also see that you tried changing the port, probably just to check if that was the problem, and the same error is given. If it was the port which had been wrong, the message would be ‘Connection refused’.

We assume that your machines are both on the same local network, and that you are not trying to connect from outside that network. Can you confirm this? If you are on the same network, have you tried connecting in the reverse direction?

Additionally, it would be useful to have the logs from the machine that you are trying to connect to. Please take a look at the instructions on how to enable debug on the Windows machine you’re trying to reach. Once you’ve enabled the logs, reproduce the error (by connecting) and then zip up the logs from that side. Send them to forum[at]nomachine[dot]com.

https://www.nomachine.com/DT07M00098

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

Closed because the user did not provide further feedback. Please notify us if you confirm that it is resolved or open a new topic if you have the same problem.