Error is 61: Connection refused

Forum / NoMachine for Mac / Error is 61: Connection refused

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    jy
    Participant

Hi, I am using NX for Mac OSX to connect from a mac mini on Yosemite to a remote mac mini on Mavericks via a vpn connection. Things were working fine before I restarted the remote machine via the NX connection. Now I can still connect to the remote mini via vnc (vnc://remote.machine.ip) but trying to connect to the remote server via the nx interface is giving me a “Error is 61: connection refused” message.

Would you please let me know how to resolve this issue? Thanks so much!

jy
    Participant

More details on my setup:

– NoMachine (free version), Version 4.6.3 in both local and remote mac minis

– Both the local and remote machines are mac minis connected to a physical display

– Remote OS: Mavericks Local OS: Yosemite

Any debugging cue would be great. Thanks!

nars
    Contributor

Hi jy,

please run following command on server side via terminal:

$ sudo /etc/NX/nxserver –status

Are all services shown as enabled?

Do you see NoMachine icon in osx tray?

To fix it please run

$ sudo /etc/NX/nxserver –restart

and try to connect again.

If issues appears again, please send logs to us to forum[at]nomachine[dot]com. Instructions for collecting logs you can find here – https://www.nomachine.com/AR10K00697.

Regards.

jy
    Participant

Hi again, I figured out that the “On” button mentioned here: https://www.nomachine.com/AR10K00730 never stays on in my remote mini. I turn it on, it asks me for an admin password, a “wait” icon comes on and after a while the on button turns green, but it automatically goes to the off position in around 5 seconds. What do I need to do to make it stay in the on position?

Britgirl
    Keymaster

@jy can you follow the instructions above and let us know if that helps.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Closed because the user did not provide further feedback. Please notify us if you confirm that it is resolved or open a new topic if you have the same problem.