Error when creating a new virtual desktop

Forum / NoMachine for Windows / Error when creating a new virtual desktop

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Albert
    Participant

Hello,

I use NoMachine on my personal Windows laptop to remote connect to a Linux server. Before everything is normal. Today I find it is a little slow so I remove the connection and wanted to create a new connection. everything goes well, but when I click on “Create a new virtual desktop”, then it fails and give a error message like this: “The session negotiation failed. Error: last operation failed”. The logs are attached.

Is it caused by that I remove the former connection forcefully? is there any solutions for that? thanks a lot.

best,

Albert

brotech
    Participant

Hello Albert,

problem appear on server side, so logs from server host will be more helpful. You can locate them at /usr/NX/var/log/ directory as nxserver.log and nxerror.log

You should enable debug in node and server configurations files first.
    Those files are available at: /usr/NX/etc directory and its filenames are: server.cfg and node.cfg.
    Please set SessionLogLevel key to value 7 and uncomment it. Check the following article here for more details: https://www.nomachine.com/DT07M00098

After enable debug please restart nxserver (sudo /etc/NX/nxserver –restart), reproduce problem and send to us logs at forum[at]nomachine[dot]com.

You can archive whole logs directory using: sudo tar -zcvf nomachineLog.tar.gz /usr/NX/var/log

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Closed because the user did not provide further feedback. Please notify us if you confirm that it is resolved or open a new topic if you have the same problem.