Fit to screen question

Forum / General Discussions / Fit to screen question

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    TheBull369
    Participant

I am a new user of the NoMachine product. I had a question about the product to see if the Free version or the Paid version will give me what I need.

I have been looking for a product that I can install on a few headless lab machines that don’t have a high resolution capability built into them (they are laptops). The current server machine is running Ubuntu 16.04 LTS which only hasĀ a resolution of 1366×768. The client side is a Mac with a resolution of 3840×2160. I would like to be able to remote into the Ubuntu machine and get a higher resolution than what is allowed by the laptop itself (say 1920×1200 or higher).

Is this possible? If so what would I need to make it happen?

Thanks! Looks like a nice product so far.

graywolf
    Participant

If you turn off display manager of the server, NoMachine will create a display server on the fly when you connect from a remote client. Try this:

1. Shutdown NoMachine server: /usr/NX/bin/nxserver --shutdown
    2. Turn off display manager: sudo systemctl enable multi-user.target
    3. Set default, so display manager will stay off after reboot: sudo systemctl set-default multi-user.target
    4. Start NoMachine: /usr/NX/bin/nxserver --startup

TheBull369
    Participant

It still does the same thing. When I say fit to size it wont adjust the text and graphics, instead it will just make them bigger. It essence stays at a lower resolution on a bigger screen.

graywolf
    Participant

It is expected when you choose “Fit to window”. Try “Resize remote screen” instead.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic was marked as solved, you can't post.