Microsoft Help Viewer opens randomly

Forum / NoMachine for Windows / Microsoft Help Viewer opens randomly

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    cpb
    Participant

Hi,

I’ve been using NoMachine server (now running 5.0.63) on a windows (HP EliteBook Folio running Windows 7); the client is running under Linux (Ubuntu 14.04).

I’ve been experiencing instances where the Microsoft Help Viewer window opens randomly. Sometimes there’ll an excessive number (20+) of Windows that I have to manually terminate instances of clview.exe. I haven’t been able to associate this with any specific activity, other than the fact that I have an an Office application running, usually Outlook but could be Word or Excel. I don’t think the problem is related to user input because clview.exe is sometimes started when the NoMachine client is minimised.

I started looking looking around for some kind of logging and came across the Reliability Monitor. It looks like the problem started the day I installed NoMachine. I un-installed NoMachine and haven’t had a problem with Office apps after several hours so it looks like this is my problem.

Any suggestion as to how I determine the root cause?

Thanks

Chris

Britgirl
    Keymaster

We’ve reproduced this and have opened a Trouble Report here: https://www.nomachine.com/TR02N06521

You can use the ‘notify me’ tool to know when a fix has been released.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic was marked as solved, you can't post.