Multiple connections to same desktop

Forum / General Discussions / Multiple connections to same desktop

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    fridge
    Participant

Hi, I bought a single NoMachine Workstation license (v5.1.54, Linux – Ubuntu, LXDE).

My use-case is to replace use of TeamViewer, to share a single desktop with up to 3 collaborators during an audio conference, so we can all work on the same screen.  I have added ‘server.lic’ to the worktation server, but when I try to establish a second remote connection to it, the first remote connection is closed.   I hope it will not be necessary to share my license files with the collaborators.

Is it possible to do this?

Thanks

fridge
    Participant

OK, I figured it out eventually.  I had to change a setting in server.cfg

sed -i ‘s/,automigrate=1/,automigrate=0/g’ /usr/NX/etc/server.cfg

The one thing that surprised me is that after adding the license, before I restarted the server, it would allow simultaneous connections to the same desktop, but after reboot the automigrate setting needed to be set to 0.

Might be a good idea to put a reference in the config/documentation to make it clearer that ‘automigrate’ is the setting that needs to be changed to allow simultaneous ‘shared desktops’.

Thanks

Britgirl
    Keymaster

It would have been easier to create a user account for those you want to share your virtual Linux desktop with. The ‘automigrate’ key only needs to be changed when you want to share your desktop with other users, and those other connections are accessing it using -your- same user name. In other words, the open session won’t migrate to another computer when the same username connects to the running desktop.

Regarding your other question about license files. You certainly don’t need to show your license files to users connecting. The licenses activate the software according to the license type you are installing, and on the basis of that allow you to do a number of things. In your case, the Workstation license will allow 4 virtual Linux desktops and unlimited connections to those desktops (so if you want to give 5 users access to your virtual desktop session, that is possible).

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic was marked as solved, you can't post.