No GUI Windows 7

Forum / NoMachine for Windows / No GUI Windows 7

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    laiden
    Participant

I recently discovered NoMachine and I like it a lot. I’ve installed it on a computer with Win 10, 8.1 and 7 and all is fine. I am having issues with an install on my daughter’s computer, another Windows 7 machine. The service installs fine and I can even connect to it but I cannot open the GUI on her computer. The nxplayer.bin process opens and then quickly closes again, nothing happens on screen to even show it trying to open. I’ve restarted, uninstalled/reinstalled and nothing. Again though, the system service runs fine. I can start/stop/restart it just fine.

Is there something common that may cause this to happen? I can’t seem to find anything searching. I also get no errors that I’ve noticed and the only logs I can find state very little and nothing related to this. Is there logs for this sort of thing?

I wouldn’t even mind so much as long as I could kill of the external gateway, as I want it to be LAN only. I cannot find mention of gateway in any config file. Is that something I can manually change?

I’m unsure of what other info to give as I am not entirely sure what the software would depend on to run. .Net or? I’d be glad to relay any info that I can.

Thanks!

kroy
    Contributor

Which NoMachine version have you installed? Can you check with the latesy installation (https://www.nomachine.com/download)?

If the problem still appears, please send player logs (all C:\Users\<username>\.nx directory on your daughter’s Win 7) and nxtrace.log (which you should found in C:\ProgramData\NoMachine\var\log\) to forum[at]nomachine[dot]com.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Closed because the user did not provide further feedback. Please notify us if you confirm that it is resolved or open a new topic if you have the same problem.