No sound from software on SUSE 11

Forum / NoMachine for Linux / No sound from software on SUSE 11

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    ramil85
    Participant

I want to stream sound from one workstation to another to hear alarms from specific software. I can stream system sound like dog bark from “Sound Preferences” but I can not hear sound from specific software. I’ve tested with workstations in the same room and on different sites. In the same room, everything is ok, system sounds and software sounds are reproducing. But on workstations on different sites, I hear system sounds but no software sounds. Might network latency be the issue? Latency is around 15ms.

NoMachine v5.3.9 on both client and server side.

P.S: i could not reopen Topic #15362 , and there is no way to sen message to ask open the subject. So i opened new topic.

kroy
    Contributor

Can you tell which specific software you are using? Is there possibility to change default output device on the software?

Might network latency be the issue? Latency is around 15ms.

It’s not high. Everything should work correctly.

ramil85
    Participant

Sorry, I can not give you software name.

No there is no option to change output device on software. If you think it is software side, we can push the vendor to modify.

kroy
    Contributor

Please try using pavucontrol for streaming audio. Open pavucontrol, go to playback, choose Applications and find an entry with your software. There should be a button with audio device – you could change it and check if it helps.

If your application is not on the list it means that it is not using pulseaudio.

ramil85
    Participant

My application not in list of applications. Thanks for support.

kroy
    Contributor

If pulseaudio is installed, we can support all applications that use pulseaudio.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic was marked as solved, you can't post.