NoMachine client blocks Windows clipboard?

Forum / NoMachine for Windows / NoMachine client blocks Windows clipboard?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    pdorfman
    Participant

I am using NoMachine Client version 5.0.63 on Windows 10.  I find that, when I have the client running, the copy and paste functions between other applications such as Excel and Outlook mail do not work properly.  As soon as I close the NoMachine window, the clipboard works correctly again.  By “close” I mean that I need to fully disconnect from the remote NX server.  It is not sufficient to just minimize the NoMachine client window.

For example, I want to copy a spreadsheet from Excel into an email in Outlook.  When NoMachine is not running, I can copy any part of the spreadsheet and paste it into my email and the spreadsheet formatting is retained as a table in the body of the email.  However, when the NoMachine client is running, the only option for pasting the same spreadsheet is in plain text mode.  The retain table formatting option is not even available from the Paste menu in Outlook.  This is very clear and consistently associated with the NoMachine application.

It therefore looks like the NoMachine client is interfering with the operation of the Windows clipboard copy and paste operations.  I have not changed any configuration options that I am aware of.  This is a significant problem for me because I frequently use copy and paste operations for my job and also require constant remote connections for which I use NoMachine.  It is very cumbersome to have to close and re-open the NoMachine application every time I need to perform a copy/paste operation.

Is there any configuration option in the NoMachine client that will resolve this problem?  If not, is this a known bug?

Thanks for any assistance.

– Peter

Britgirl
    Keymaster

We’re not able to reproduce this problem on Windows using the latest version. Just so we can make sure that we have your exact set up, can you tell us what type of session you are running when this happens and what are you connecting to? I.e are you connecting to a host with the latest NoMachine software installed and what product is installed on the remote computer?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Closed because the user did not provide further feedback. Please notify us if you confirm that it is resolved or open a new topic if you have the same problem.