NX Terminal Server for Windows

Forum / NoMachine Terminal Server Products / NX Terminal Server for Windows

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Quincy
    Participant

Greetings,

I downloaded the Eval of the NoMachine Enterprise server eval version 5.1.44_2.  I installed on Windows server 2012 R2 64-bit server.  Went through the initial setup and created a new connection for one of my Windows servers on the same network.

The connection settings are:

Protocol: NX

Host: 192.168.3.100

Port: 4000

Authentication: Password

Proxy: NO

I get an error when trying to connect to this Windows server.  The error number is 107: connection refused.  The local Windows native firewall has been turned off on both of the servers.

I have used NoMachine client in the past to connect to my Red Hat Linux servers without any issues in the past, but never to a Windows server.  Am I not supposed to use the NoMachine terminal server for Windows platform?  Am I missing something here?

I am trying to evaluate this product to make my recommendation for a possible replacement for our MS terminal Server.

Please help.

Thank you in advance.
    Quincy

Britgirl
    Participant

Enterprise Server (like Terminal Server) for Windows will give you access to the physical desktop plus a number of the advanced features such as group profiles, cluster functionality, multinode. The terminal server functionality is available with the Linux products. You can read more about this range here: https://www.nomachine.com/terminal-server.

dhy
    Participant

Hello,

in order to clarify things :

1. NM 5 Enterprise Server allows only 1 concurrent connection to Windows server, since NM provides access to *physical* desktop ?
    2. AFAIK, Windows Server allows several concurrent connections (RDP) , natively, on the server. Is this not available in NM 5 Enterprise Server ?
    3. Does it make any sense to create a NM5 cluster, with only Windows server ?
    4. If yes, then this will only allows as many concurrent connections as declared servers in the cluster ( e.g. a cluster with 4 Windows NM5 “nodes” will allows only 4 concurrent connections on cluster ).

Thank you for your explanations.

Britgirl
    Participant

NM 5 Enterprise Server allows only 1 concurrent connection to Windows server, since NM provides access to *physical* desktop ?

It supports unlimited connections to the same physical desktop. Enterprise Desktop for Windows also has the same functionality. Enterprise Server offers node support, HA and other functionality which you can compare here:  https://www.nomachine.com/feature_comparison

AFAIK, Windows Server allows several concurrent connections (RDP) , natively, on the server. Is this not available in NM 5 Enterprise Server

Enterprise Server supports RDP as you will see in the features table I just linked. It would make sense to have Enterprise Server for Linux or even Terminal Server, which via RDP, will connect you to your Windows nodes. If you want to set up RDP, please see here:

Using NoMachine Server for Linux to access Windows Terminal Server from the client machine
    https://www.nomachine.com/AR02D00349 and https://www.nomachine.com/AR07J00645.

Does it make any sense to create a NM5 cluster, with only Windows server ? If yes, then this will only allows as many concurrent connections as declared servers in the cluster ( e.g. a cluster with 4 Windows NM5 “nodes” will allows only 4 concurrent connections on cluster ).

If it’s acceptable to you that one Windows node is one desktop, the ES for Windows can be used as the entry point to broker connections to the nodes (each node being one Windows desktop). If you need assistance with pricing and setting up the server, please contact our sales team using the Contact Us link in the footer of the website.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic was marked as solved, you can't post.