Nxserver.bin constantly restarting on Windows 7

Forum / NoMachine for Windows / Nxserver.bin constantly restarting on Windows 7

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    SnakeCoder
    Participant

Hi,

I am running the latest NoMachine client for Windows, downloaded on July 7, 2016 (5.1.26).  When my computer starts up, there is a process (nxserver.bin) that starts and stops constantly causing other AV-related processes to scan it.  Overall it causes my CPU to spike when this happens.

Further investigation has shown that in the log file (C:\ProgramData\NoMachine\var\log\nxserver.log) it is complaining of permission issues in accessing various *.lock files within the program files folder (C:\program files(x86)\nomachine\etc) …  This is all tied to the “NoMachine Device Server”.

I have tried granting various access rights to the local “nx” user account for both folders (program data\nomachine\var\* and program files(x86)\nomachine\etc) to no avail.  It seems that every time I try to fix one, another one pops-up in the error log.

At this point, I am just going to disable the service.  I don’t use any sharing/drives/usb on my NX server connections anyway.

Is this just me?  Has anyone else ever seen such behavior?  If so, how do you fix it?  Please note, I am only in need of the client itself — this Windows box will not be a NX server.

Britgirl
    Keymaster

Please send us the logs from ProgramData/NoMachine/var/log directory with increased debug level. Details on how to increase the level of debug are here:  https://www.nomachine.com/DT07M00098#3

Send to forum[at]nomachine[dot]com

SnakeCoder
    Participant

Unfortunately, administrative access on my machine is restricted — and I had a small window in order to troubleshoot this problem.  So, at this time, I won’t be able to provide any of the logs requested.  I am just surprised it’s never come up before — as far as I can tell.  I’ll leave this here just in case anyone else runs into it.  For me, the solution was just to disable the “NoMachine Device Server” service permanently.  And I am OK with that.

Thanks for the response.

Britgirl
    Keymaster

Could be related to a couple of other issues we have been investigating and reported on the forums https://www.nomachine.com/forums/topic/clean-install-service-doesnt-start-win-10. We’ll update the topic once we have some more information.

Britgirl
    Keymaster

An update so far.  What we see is that there’s a different dll path search order, but we don’t understand what might be causing changes in this path search order. What we can suggest is that you update to the latest version and tell us if the problem persists. If it does, we’ll send you over a debug package to install and continue the investigation on the latest version.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic was marked as solved, you can't post.