Preferences always reset

Forum / NoMachine for Linux / Preferences always reset

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    darrinc
    Participant

Running 5.3.10 on CentOS 7, both ends. Connecting to physical display. Running the MATE desktop, also both ends.

Changing anything on the NoMachine Preferences screen results in the prompt for the root password. Which is expected. But if I change to a different screen, for example from Services to Security, and select something, I am asked _again_ for the root password. Also, anything I change is reset when I return to that screen later.

I looked in /usr/NX/var/log/* and didn’t see anything helpful. Any ideas anyone?

Many thanks!

kroy
    Contributor

In our labs the NoMachine on Centos 7 with Mate desktop works correctly. Please reproduce issue and if you would be able to it – please zip up the folder with nxclient logs and send to forum[at]nomachine[dot]com. Folder should start with M-* in the /home/<username>/.nx directory.

Britgirl
    Participant

Thanks for the logs. Received.

kroy
    Contributor

Can you send also also output of commands: ifconfig -a and cat /etc/hosts?

kroy
    Contributor

Thanks for the output. It looks that there is some routing problems. Can you send also file with routing output? sudo iptables -t nat -L -n -v > routing_output.txt

darrinc
    Participant

Any ideas? Looks like a permissions issue to the end user. Can’t imagine why the routing would effect this. But then again, we have multiple machines with the same basic configuration that do not have this issue.

Thanks!

kroy
    Contributor

We still haven’t been able to reproduce the problem. Please send also output of those commands:

ping -c2 localhost
    nslookup localhost
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Closed because the user did not provide further feedback. Please notify us if you confirm that it is resolved or open a new topic if you have the same problem.