Slow video in 4.5 and 4.6

Forum / NoMachine for Linux / Slow video in 4.5 and 4.6

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    timschwab
    Participant

I have a HP ProLiant DL320e G8 V2 server with embedded Matrox G200 video adapter.

The server OS is openSUSE 13.1 x86_64.

Kernel 3.11.10

KDE 4.11.5

NoMachine free 4.4.12

I access from a Windows 8.1 box running the Enterprise Client 4.6.4.  NX protocol connection to the server.

4.4.12 works great.  However, the 4.5.0 and 4.6.4 releases when installed on the server result in unusably slow video.  There is a delay of many seconds (5, at least) before changes appear in the Enterprise Client.  If make no change other than reverting to the 4.4 release, it returns to normal.  I’ve played with all the display settings in the Enterprise Client, nothing makes much improvement.

I have another IBM x3250 M3 server with all the same software versions, that has no problems with the 4.5 or 4.6 releases.

– Tim

fra81

Hi Tim,

we recently found a problem with UDP that could arise in particular conditions. Please try to disable UDP: Edit the connection -> Advanced -> uncheck “Use UDP communication for multimedia data”.

timschwab
    Participant

That worked.  Thank you.

– Tim

fra81

Thank you for the feedback.

Here is the related Trouble Report: https://www.nomachine.com/TR06M05611. It will be fixed in the next update.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic was marked as solved, you can't post.