Static Noise

Forum / NoMachine for Linux / Static Noise

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    dza
    Participant

I’m using Windows as server (Windows 10/5.1.26/Physical device) and Elementary OS as client (Fork on Ubuntu 14.04/5.1.26_1/Physical device) and I cannot properly receive audio on the client side.

I hear some static noise which follows the music but it’s not much, actually the sound recording sounds better than the speakers.

Here is a sample: http://vocaroo.com/i/s0zxP9ta1Gyz

I checked the forum but couldn’t find the answer unfortunately.

Thanks for all help in advance,

Regards.

kroy
    Contributor

Can you paste here information about your default playback and recording device on that Windows? Just open your sound panel with Win+R key sequence and follow control mmsys.cpl. Make a screenshot on Playback and Recording panel. Additionally – please navigate to Preferences on your default Recording device, choose Listen panel and took next screenshot. All pictures please paste here.

dza
    Participant

I set Speakers (NoMachine) as default device but got zero result.

I am using a PCI-E soundcard by the way.

kroy
    Contributor

Did you try to uncheck “Listen to this device”? Please try also uncheck “Listen to this device” on other recording devices.

dza
    Participant

Hi Kroy,

Tried all possible options, no result 🙁

(Sorry I thought I already replied before)

Britgirl
    Participant

@dza we would like to send you a debug version, but first it is advisable to update to the latest version and tell us if you are still having the same problem.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Closed because the user did not provide further feedback. Please notify us if you confirm that it is resolved or open a new topic if you have the same problem.