The connection with the server was lost

Forum / NoMachine for Windows / The connection with the server was lost

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    t4_v
    Participant

Hello,

I am using the latest NoMachine program free version (https://www.nomachine.com/download/download&id=14) on two computers: mine and my friend’s. Both Windows. Mine: Windows 7, his Windows 8 (or 8.1 I do not know). I installed the newest version of the program (downloaded today) and so did my friend.

The first connection was perfect. Instant connection, everything works fine. Then my friend restarted the computer and since then I cannot connect to him due to the problem “The connection with the server was lost”. I am able to see login desktop to write the username and the password. My friend sees that I am connected, but I see only the progress animation and then the error is displayed.

What is the problem? How to fix it?

I looked into web, this forum and NoMachine materials, but I cannot find the solution.

———————————————–

We tried the following: My friend uninstalled the software and installed it again. I uninstalled the software, removed the nx folders in Users/My_Profile/.nx and My Documents/nx, ran the CCleaner and installed the NoMachine again, but with no success.

reza
    Participant

We will need debug NoMachine server logs to investigate. Please follow the instructions here:

https://www.nomachine.com/AR07K00677

Then reproduce the issue and please gather logs.

Send them to forum[at]nomachine[dot]com

t4_v
    Participant

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply, but I was sure I checked the option to be notified by an e-mail about replies to my thread. Today I wondered why there is no reply and visited the forum. Thank you for fast reply.

Before following your link I checked the connection and it worked. I do not know why.

I saved the logs during previous tries by clicking to the button that did so. I have two files:

1. connection

2. session

I followed the link given by reza and I see there is more activities to be done. Since my connection works, but I have these two logs, are they valuable? Does it make sense to send them to see what was wrong? I would like to know what to do in such cases in the future.

reza
    Participant

Yes, please pass that logs to us.

Thank you.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic was marked as solved, you can't post.