Tray Icon + related issues on LMDE 2014

Forum / NoMachine for Linux / Tray Icon + related issues on LMDE 2014

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Shaolin12
    Participant

Good day to all 🙂

Please can anyone help? I installed NoMachine 4 (free) a week ago, and have had problems right from installation with the sever side. I have not had issues with connecting as a client to a Windows 7 machine over the internet, my problems seem to be directly related to the server on my Linux Mint Debian Edition (2014 UP7) 64bit.

From the moment I installed NoMachine (all dependencies satisfied) using the provided 64bit .deb file, the server automatically turned on, the !M Icon in my system tray flashes on for a second or two, then turns off for a second or to, then continues to do this.

When I try to access items from the system tray icon to change settings etc, the resulting screens quit after a couple of seconds too.

If I access NoMachine service from the Menu it too disappears as soon as I try to edit connection preferences.

I noted that in my home folder (/Home/.nx) multiple session folders are created one after the other, after the other (I got 1456 and counting whilst service is running), which if I didn’t delete fairly quickly are threatening to fill up my SSD rapidly.

Has anyone got a solution (I have tried manually editing config files, and even changing permissions on the related home directory folders to no avail).

regards

Peter

Britgirl
    Participant

Are you able to send us the full set of logs? Send them to forum[at]nomachine[dot]com. Please consult the instructions here to learn how to enable and locate them: https://www.nomachine.com/DT04M00076. Make sure you reference your topic in the email or subject.

Shaolin12
    Participant

A big slap on my forehead followed by a pronounced Doh!

As I’d done some fiddling and got nowhere, I thought the best next step was to completely wipe NoMachine from my system and re-install it afresh, however I have only just finished work, so will install it in the morning and post the logs then. The issue is repeatable as this will be the third re-installation.

I did forget to mention that I am using the Cinnamon desktop (V2.0.14+lmde), but will repost all that when I send the logs.

Thank you for responding so quickly.

Kind regards

Peter

Britgirl
    Participant

Since we are about to go live with NoMachine 5 (a matter of minutes), why don’t you try this and see if the issue continues. We aren’t aware of on/off problems and disappearing screens, so it has to be investigated further. If it does, submit the logs as recommended.

Shaolin12
    Participant

I have installed the 64bit V5 NoMachine .deb on my machine and unfortunately the problem persists. I have followed the steps you linked for me (thank you) to create the compressed log files and am now sending them via email to the support team as requested.

To recap:-

I am using Linux Mint Debian Edition 2014 64bit with Cinnamon Desktop (V2.0.14+lmde).

Is this the right ID you mentioned I should include? ;-

https://www.nomachine.com/forums/topic/tray-icon-related-issues-on-lmde2014/#post-8432

thank you for your help

kind regards

Peter

Britgirl
    Participant

So far we haven’t received anything. Did you already send them?

Shaolin12
    Participant

SOLVED

This issue has been solved by the very helpful NoMachine team! 🙂 It turns out that Dr.Web (SplDer Gate – web protection) was blocking my localhost, and so every time the server tried to start it was being refused which led to it starting and stopping constantly.

I am so very impressed with the NoMachine Team for helping me to find the issue, and sticking by me until this had been resolved.

Thank you so much for your help

Britgirl
    Participant

🙂 We’re glad you’re now able to use NoMachine. Just open a new topic if you have other questions. I’ll close this one.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic was marked as solved, you can't post.