User’s NoMachine desktop jittering up and down

Forum / NoMachine for Linux / User’s NoMachine desktop jittering up and down

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    kwun
    Participant

Hi,

We have a user who’s NoMachine desktop is always jittering up and down, and the top menu bar is not displayed! It’s just a grey bar with no icons displayed. Initally I though it was due to the user’s laptop display configuration, however, when I login to the my NoMachine session on the user’s laptop, I do not see any jittering and my menu icons are displayed. Also when the user login to NoMachine from my laptop the same jitter still appears. So next I figured it must be a user unix level configuration issue. So I removed the user’s existing $HOME/.nx directory and asked the user to login again. But the same thing again! I’m at a lost why this user’s desktop is behaving like this. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Kwun

Britgirl
    Participant

Can you give more details about the host environment, what Linux distribution? What product have you installed – NoMachine, NoMachine Workstation, Terminal Server?

Is the user connecting to a physical desktop or is it a virtual desktop session (Linux)? If it’s a virtual desktop session what’s the desktop environment?

kwun
    Participant

Hi there,

I resolved the issue by moving the $HOME/.gconf to $HOME/gconfold. This did the trick!

Centos 6.7, virtual desktop session, gnome 2.

Thanks for responding.

Kwun

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic was marked as solved, you can't post.