Windows account won’t accept my password

Forum / NoMachine for Windows / Windows account won’t accept my password

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    dco63
    Participant

I am trying to control a Windows 10 computer from another, both of them being hooked up to the same network switch. NoMachine finds the computer, and when I request a connection to it, I am asked to enter a username and password. Here is the problem! I enter the name of my user account (administrator) and my password on that computer. I am sure I enter the right user/pw set (which works fine when I am working directly on that machine). But NoMachine refuses it.. Wrong username or password!… Is NoMachine requesting for something else than a regular user/password to log to a regular Windows account? eg the Windows password, or the BIOS password? I have no problem connection to a Raspberry Pi 2 hooked up to the same network…

Any help? Thanks!

Cato
    Participant

Hello dco63,

Please answer the following questions:

1. Is the host on which you are trying to log part of Active Directory?

If it is, please make sure that you’re providing full name in correct format:

‘<user_name>@<domain_name>’  or ‘<domain_name>\<user_name>’.

2. Did you change your account name in the past?

If so, please check this thread for additional information: https://www.nomachine.com/forums/topic/admin-changes.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Closed because the user did not provide further feedback. Please notify us if you confirm that it is resolved or open a new topic if you have the same problem.