With every new start authentication credentials lost

Forum / NoMachine for Mac / With every new start authentication credentials lost

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    hirschferkel
    Participant

Each time I start my computer and try to connect to another client with NoMachine it will always start to ask for the login credentials although i activated to store them in the connection settings. How can this procedure be fixed, so NoMachine will store the credentials for this client?

Best

hirschferkel
    Participant

Maybe it’s a problem of automatic updates in the background?

hirschferkel
    Participant

.. not there gone every day…

Tor
    Participant

Hi. You may have a problem with permissions of the folder where connection files are stored, by default in $HOME/Documents/NoMachine.

hirschferkel
    Participant

I do have full read and write privileges but i see that NoMachine does not store anything in there. The folder is empty, no hidden files, too. So what can i do to force NoMachine to store the preferences?

hirschferkel
    Participant

Even if i choose another, new, folder in preferences of NoMachine, the program will not store anything…

Tor
    Participant

Could you please send your client logs to verify if there is something wrong? Connect to your remote desktop and while the client is running open Finder, press Shift + Command + G, write “.nx” in the appearing dialog. Select the folder “config” and all folders with prefix “R-“, right click and select “Compress items”, then send the created archive to forum[at]nomachine[dot]com.

hirschferkel
    Participant

Hi Tor,

the folder structure is different to what you wrote. There is no folder in “config” but in “.nx” there is a folder named “R-localh…” i will compress this and send it to you.

Best

Tor
    Participant

Can you please send by e-mail also a screenshot of Folders tab from NoMachine Preferences?

Tor
    Participant

From your client configuration file I see you’re probably using MDNS discovered servers, which confirms the reason why you don’t find files in Documents/NoMachine where only static connections are saved (connections that you’ve created with the wizard).
    Settings for MDNS servers are stored in a cache, and they’re valid until the server doesn’t change its identity, like for example when NoMachine is uninstalled and installed again. You may pay attention to that to confirm if it occurs in that condition.
    The other possibility is that the cache folder has bad permissions. Open Terminal and use the following command:

ls -ld $HOME/.nx/cache

hirschferkel
    Participant

I just use the NoMachine as it is. When i open NoMachine, i get a window and it automatically detects the connections. I did not change anything here.

Why should use a wizard while NoMachine detects all possible machines itself?

Each time i start the first connection in the morning to one of these machines, NoMachine asks me if i want to store the credentials for that machine. And i confirm it with yes. So why should they not be stored?

The .nx folder has the right permissions, my user has read and write permissions.

I do not install and uninstall NoMachine at the moment, i only installed it once. That’s it.

Tor
    Participant

If you answer to my questions with questions we’ll not go far. 🙂 I’ve asked to check the “cache” subfolder, not only “.nx”. Also logs I’ve asked here can be helpful to understand what is happening, assuming there are no interferences (like something deleting the NoMachine cache, just to say).

hirschferkel
    Participant

I just forgot it.

Macintosh:~ username$ ls -ld $HOME/.nx/cache

drwx——  5 username  staff  170 10 Mai 12:44 /Users/username/.nx/cache
    Macintosh:~ username$

All folders in the directory .nx share the same privileges.
    I’ve sent the logs yesterday already.

Britgirl
    Keymaster

I’ve merged your replies to avoid making this thread excessively long. As for the logs, yes, we have received two emails each with its own URL. When sending any attachments, please update your subject with a tag such as Logs #2 after the main subject line, otherwise they can easily be considered a duplicates. Tor will update the topic soon.

Tor
    Participant

This message is just to tell you that we’re still investigating the issue, we didn’t reproduce it so far so we’re analyzing possible problems. We may need to send you a debugging version, would you like to help us by running it?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

This topic was marked as closed, you can't post.