Managing the NoMachine 'Server preferences'
When NoMachine has been installed on a host and remote access to that host is enabled, any changes to the configuration of the NoMachine remote desktop software is done in 'Server preferences', reachable via the Monitor icon in the system tray of the computer's OS.
- Select 'Show the service status' (Fig. 1)
Fig. 1 – 'Show the service status' in the !M icon
- Click 'Server preferences' (Fig. 2)
Fig. 2 – Select ‘Server preferences’ to configure services, security, devices and more
- From here you can configure all aspects of the NoMachine remote computer including file transfer management, how you receive software updates, device sharing, multimedia, disabling access and screen blanking.
Fig. 3 – Server preferences > Services, Security, Devices, Transfers, Performance and Updates
If the !M icon isn't in your system tray, check that you didn’t perhaps disable it previously. You can check the server status and access the server settings via the Player. Just follow the steps below:
- Open NoMachine from the desktop shortcut icon or your computer's Programs Menu.
- Click on 'Settings' (Fig. 4).
Fig. 4 – NoMachine Player > Settings
- Click on 'Server preferences' to access the NoMachine host settings.
- To re-enable the server, click on ‘Server status’ and then select ‘Start the server’.