NoMachine 5.1.44 reset X server

Forum / NoMachine for Linux / NoMachine 5.1.44 reset X server

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    maxchendt
    Participant

Local: NoMachine 5.1.44, Ubuntu 14.04.5, 4.4.0-31-generic, Mate desktop, 1920×1200

Remote: NoMachine 5.1.44, Ubuntu 16.04.1, 4.4.0-31-generic, Mate desktop, 1366×768

I am testing Ubuntu 16.04, NX windows fit the remote server, restart U16.04 through NX, do nothing locally, after a few seconds, the X server in the local computer will be reset (like an ctlr-alt-bksp was press).

I reboot U14, NX to U16,   test again, say restart U16 through NX interface windows, do nothing, the X in U14 reset after a few seconds

Britgirl
    Keymaster

Have you checked the box ‘Grab the keyboard input’  (first checkbox on the right in Input section of Player settings)?

https://www.nomachine.com/DT11M00106#2.1.

maxchendt
    Participant
    Britgirl
    Keymaster

Check the box. What happens?

maxchendt
    Participant

weird, with or without check, both will randomly reset local X.

kroy
    Contributor

It looks like your local X server crashes. Can you reproduce the problem and send to forum[at]nomachine[dot]com or attach here Xorg.0.log and Xorg.0.log.old? You can find it in /var/log/ on your local machine.

maxchendt
    Participant

attached

Yeah, crash, and return to login screen. I am suffering, for some of my jobs are not save, and my VirtualBox VMs (GUI, not headless) abort.

Britgirl
    Keymaster

Please send the logs to forum[at]nomachine[dot]com.

kroy
    Contributor

Unfortunately, there is no any crash in the logs. Can you check if you have some crash report or core files (generated when issue had happen) in your home directory or in the /var/crash folder?

We still weren’t able to reproduce problem. Have you tried reversing sides? Does the problem appear also if you connect from Ubuntu 16 to Ubuntu 14?

maxchendt
    Participant

no crash report, no core files.

It happens randomly (not every time), if restart remote host through NX and do nothing locally.

Thus, I close NX, and restart remote host through SSH.

kroy
    Contributor

You need to configure the system on client side to get a backtrace from the crashes. For example you can use this instruction: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DebuggingProgramCrash. Try to reproduce problem and send backtrace to forum[at]nomachine[dot]com.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

Closed because the user did not provide further feedback. Please notify us if you confirm that it is resolved or open a new topic if you have the same problem.