Managing the NoMachine 'Server settings'
When NoMachine has been installed on a host and remote access to that host is enabled, any changes to the configuration of the NoMachine remote desktop software is done in 'Server settings', reachable via the Monitor icon in the system tray of the computer's OS.
- Select 'Show server status' (Fig. 1).
Fig. 1 – 'Show server status' in the !M icon
- You are now in 'Server settings' for the NoMachine Server host (Fig. 2).
- From here you can configure all aspects of the remote computer including file transfer management, how you receive software updates, device sharing, multimedia, disabling access and screen blanking.
Fig. 2 – In 'Server settings' you can configure services, security, devices and more
If the !M icon isn't in your system tray, check that you didn’t perhaps disable it previously. You can access the server settings and check the server status via the User Interface. Just follow the steps below:
- Open NoMachine from the desktop shortcut icon or your computer's Programs Menu.
- Click on 'Settings' (Fig. 3).
Fig. 3 – Access 'Server settings' via 'Settings' in the NoMachine Interface
- To access 'Server settings', make sure 'Server' is the highlighted option (Fig. 4).
- Click on 'Status' to access the NoMachine server status as seen in Fig. 2 already.
- To re-enable the server, click on ‘Restart the server’.
Fig. 4 – Select 'Status' to enter Server status