Switching the view between multi-monitors during a remote desktop session
When connected to a remote host with multiple monitors attached, the user can decide which display to view. NoMachine will detect multi-monitors are available on the server side and the Switch Monitor button will be visible in the NoMachine session menu. It's easy to use.
- Once you're connected to the remote desktop, open the NoMachine menu using the page-peel or Ctrl-Alt-0 (Fig. 1).
Fig. 1 – The Quick Access Display Icons are in the footer of the menu
- In the Quick Access Display Icons, click the Switch Monitor icon (Fig. 2).
Fig. 2 – When multiple server side monitors are detected, the Switch Monitor icon appears
- Select the monitor you wish to view from the available displays that NoMachine detected. You can also view all the monitors in one window if you prefer (Fig. 3).
Fig. 3 – Click on the display you wish to view, or alternatively view content of all displays in one window.
Using the handy shortcuts
- To quickly identify the display being viewed, you can use the shortcut Ctrl-Alt-I to show them by number.
Fig. 4 – The shortcut Ctrl-Alt-I identifies the multi-monitors by number
- Ctrl-Alt-A to switch to viewing all monitors in one window.
- Ctrl-Alt-(monitor ID) to switch to viewing a specific monitor e.g., Ctrl-Alt-2 will take you to monitor 2.