Luxembourg, September 25, 2013 - NoMachine, a leading provider of remote access and hosted desktop delivery solutions, today announced the official release of NoMachine version 4.
A complete line of products has been conceived to cover a wide range of remote computing scenarios on a number of platforms. The free remote desktop product, NoMachine, for individual use is available for Mac OS X, Windows and Linux.
For professionals and organizations, the new NoMachine for the Enterprise suite, which includes flagship product NoMachine Enterprise Server for large environments as well as a number of other products tailored for small/medium businesses, offers a comprehensive solution range to satisfy most remote desktop and application delivery needs.
The most relevant features of NoMachine 4 are:
- Seamless resource sharing and extended device redirection: connect disks, printers, USB devices and more from remote to locale and vice-versa.
- Built-in record & play: record activities inside the session or on the physical desktop, save them on your own PC and play back using NoMachine's own player.
- The Monitor application in the system tray: check who is connected to your desktop, transfer files between computers, and get fast-track access to the server settings user-interface.
- The Menu Panel: during the remote session, control display and audio settings, connect devices, print, initiate session recording and much more.
- The NX network service: connect sessions via SSL-encrypted NX protocol and take advantage of UDP multimedia communication for data streaming.
- Server failover and multinode support: federate Enterprise Desktops and Enterprise Nodes under Enterprise Server and create a cluster with a secondary passive server ready to replace the active one in case of failure.
- A portal for connections via the web: Portal Server gives access to multiple Enterprise Servers via the browser from a single URL.
For a complete list of features implemented, readers can consult the list in the official news on our website: http://www.nomachine.com/news.
- Windows 32-bit/64-bit XP/Vista/7/8
- Mac OS X Intel 64-bit 10.5/10.6/10.7 OS X 64-bit 10.8
- Linux 32-bit and 64-bit
- Red Hat Enterprise 4/5/6
- SLES 10/11
- Open SUSE 10.x /11.x/12.x
- Mandriva 2009/2010/2011
- Fedora Core 10/11/12/13/14/15/16/17/18
- Debian GNU Linux 4.0 Etch/5.0 Lenny/ 6.0 Squeeze/ 7.0 Wheezy
- Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron/8.10 Intrepid Ibex/Ubuntu 9.04
- JauntyJackalope/9.10 Karmic Koala/10.4 Lucid Lynx/10.10
- Maverick/11.04 Natty/11.10 Oneiric/12.04 Precise Pangolin
Installing NoMachine 4 on Windows
Uninstall NoMachine Beta 2 if you have it. Uninstall it from Windows Control Panel and the Add or Remove Programs in Windows XP or Program and Features Windows Vista, 7 or 8.
- Download the EXE.
- Install it by double clicking on the icon of the executable: the setup wizard will take you through the installation.
Installing NoMachine on Mac OS X
Uninstall NoMachine Beta 2 if you have it. Drag&drop NoMachine from Applications to trash or select 'Move to trash' from the mouse button menu.
- Download the DMG.
- Double-click on the the disk Image to open it and see package icon. Double-click on the package icon to install the program: the setup wizard will take you through the installation.
Installing NoMachine on Linux
Uninstall NoMachine Beta 2 if you have it and remove manually the installation directory.
- To install the new packages you can follow instructions below, intended to be run from command line or use the graphical package manager of your Linux distribution.
To uninstall NoMachine Beta 2, run the 'rpm -e nomachine' command and remove the installation directory. To uninstall the Enterprise Client, run 'rpm -e nomachine-enterprise-client'. To uninstall NoMachine Portal Server run 'rpm -e nomachine-portal-server'.
- Download the RPM
- Install the package by running from a console: # rpm -i nomachine-packageType_version_arch.rpm
To uninstall NoMachine Beta 2, run the 'dpkg -r nomachine' command. To uninstall the Enterprise Client, run 'dpkg -r nomachine-enterprise-client'. To uninstall NoMachine Portal Server run 'dpkg -r nomachine-portal-server'.
- Download the DEB
- Install the package by running from a console: $ sudo dpkg -i nomachine-packageType_version_arch.deb
To uninstall NoMachine Beta 2, run the 'NX/scripts/setup/nxserver --uninstall' command. To uninstall the Enterprise Client, run the 'NX/scripts/setup/nxclient--uninstall' command. To uninstall NoMachine Portal Server run 'NX/scripts/setup/nxwebplayer --uninstall'.
- Download the TAR.GZ in the /usr directory.
- Extract the archive by running from a console: $ sudo tar xvzf nomachine-packageType_version_arch.tar.gz
- Run the proper setup script for installing the software: /usr/NX/nxserver --install
- or, if you are installing the Enterprise Client: /usr/NX/nxclient --install
Compatibility with NX 3.5.0
NoMachine 4 is compatible with both NX Client and NX Server 3.5.0.
Upgrade of NX server installations 3.5.0
It's possible to upgrade a NX 3.5.0 server installation with a NoMachine 4 package. The Upgrade procedure will create a backup of all the relevant configurations and will try to apply them to avoid manual intervention. For 3.5.0 customers: server 4 is able to work with a valid license 3.5.0. It will map the server type 3.5.0 with the corresponding server type available with version 4:
NX Enterprise Desktop Server -> NoMachine Workstation
NX Small Business Server -> NoMachine Small Business Server
NX Enterprise Server -> NoMachine Terminal Server
NX Advanced Server -> NoMachine Enterprise Server
More instructions about upgrading from 3.5.0 to version 4 are available here:
Installation and configuration guides for the NoMachine products are available at: